“We love pasta! (No Tim Noakes for us thanks!)”
I made this the other night and it is always a huge success. Both the Darling Meat Market in Darling and the Rosmead Spar in Kenilworth, have good, well-priced chorizo. And the Pesto Princess pesto range is a product winner.
CHORIZO RED PESTO PASTA
What you'll need
- 180g penne pasta
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ¼ pkt baby spinach
- ½ chorizo sausage
- 2 tablespoons Pesto Princess red pesto
- mozzarella or brie cheese
- mushrooms (optional)
TIP: You can freeze your pesto! It defrosts easily, use what you need and put it back in the freezer.
1. Cook pasta in boiling water.
2. Fry onion lightly, add mushrooms if using.
3. Add chorizo sausage and fry until browned.
4. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
5. When pasta is cooked, remove from heat, drain, leaving a little of the cooking water in the pot. Toss through the red pesto sauce and chorizo mix, divide into bowls and top with mozzarella.