Summery Seared Chicken, Avocado and Brie Salad
Juicy chicken fillets, first-of-the season avocados, creamy brie and crisp lettuce leaves. This salad encapsulates the start of summer and is just the thing for those warm summer evenings. I’m always on the hunt for meals that are both easy to make and nutritious. Toss some baby potatoes into the salad for something a bit more substantial, otherwise go the banting route and leave them out!
SUMMERY SEARED CHICKEN, AVOCADO AND BRIE SALAD
What you'll need
5 baby potatoes (optional)
300g chicken mini breast fillets
Cherry tomatoes, halved or slow roasted tomatoes
Selection of salad leaves
Half a wedge of brie cheese, sliced
For the dressing
1T white wine vinegar
1T hot water (if needed)
seasoning to taste
WINE: Undoubtedly, the Darling Cellars Premium Sauvignon Blanc 2014! We had a blind tasting last night, and this was one of the highlights of the line-up. Of course, it complements the salad perfectly.
Our choice: click here
- If using the potatoes, place them in a small saucepan of salted water, and boil gently until just soft. Drain, rinse briefly and cool. Halve.
- Place the chicken fillets in a bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan (I love my scanpan) until hot and add teh chicken in, ensuring that the pan is now overcrowded.
- Sear briefly on each side until a golden brown colour and just cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Combine the dressing ingredients, adding a drip of water to thin if need be. Season.
- Plate your meal up – starting with the lettuce leaves, then avocado, followed by the tomatoes, chicken and finally the brie. Serve the dressing alongside.